Friday 27th May, Halifax: 12:50 – 13:50
‘Saving’ historic buildings and places can unite communities, but can they have sustained benefits for identity, engagement, and action?
- Jeremy Hall: Jeremy Hall is the Chairman & Managing Director of Dean Clough Limited; a thriving 22-acre mixed-use mill complex, consisting of 16 Grade II listed Victorian mills, once the home of Crossley Carpets.
- Carol Pyrah: Carol Pyrah joined Historic Coventry Trust as Executive Director in May 2019. Carol joined English Heritage as an Inspector of Historic Buildings before becoming Regional Director in the North East where she was instrumental in creation of a multi-organisation partnership to drive heritage-led regeneration in Berwick upon Tweed. Following the launch of Historic England, Carol became part of the Executive Team shaping the strategy and future of the organisation.
- Claudia Kenyatta: Claudia oversees Historic England’s work in the regions, where they offer expertise and advice and build the effective partnerships that help to explain, protect and care for the historic environment.
- Dr Steve Millington: Manchester Metropolitan University
- Chair: Nicky Chance-Thompson DL: Nicky is the CEO and trustee of The Piece Hall, Halifax a sprawling 18th-century cloth hall that now houses history exhibits, shops, bars & restaurants.